Join us October 16-19, 2014 in Salt Lake City, Utah for the 2014 National Council Session/53rdConvention
Every three years, Girl Scouts gather together at the National Council Session and Convention to reinvigorate our Movement, celebrate our accomplishments, and chart our future. Our 2014 National Council Session/53rd Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah, promises to honor our cherished traditions and, at the same time, propel the Movement forward into the next 100 years of leadership for girls and young women.
We hope you will join us in Salt Lake City on October 16-19, 2014. In addition to conducting the business of the Movement, we will engage in important strategic conversations about the future and provide exciting educational opportunities for adults and girls.
At the upcoming National Convention, events are planned to reinvigorate our membership, deepen our commitment to our Movement, and celebrate our successes. Together we will:
- Engage in conversations on important topics facing Girl Scouts and all girls;
- Participate in an array of educational opportunities through Girl Scouts University (on the road); and
- Network, mingle, and renew new friendships, while we celebrate the work we do together.
If you are interested in serving as a delegate we encourage you to apply now!
National Council Delegate Application Information
Delegates are required to:
- Attend orientation and preparation meetings prior to the National Council Meeting.
- Plan to attend all sessions in Salt Lake City.
- Be willing to report back to council membership.
- Serve as a national council delegate for the next three years and be willing to attend any additional National Meetings called.
- Be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Be a registered Girl Scout member and fourteen (14) years of age or older as of March 1, 2014.
- The deadline to apply is Thursday, October 31, 2013.
Please complete the application for National Council Delegate and mail it to:
ATTN: Jody Hernandez
811 N. Coker Loop
San Antonio, Texas 78216
The Board Development Committee will review applications and select a slate of national council delegates and alternate delegates. National council delegates are elected at GSSWT Annual Council Meeting on Saturday, March 1, 2014. The deadline to apply is Thursday, October 31, 2013.
GSSWT will pay the registration and per diem expenses of its voting delegates.
Stay tuned for more information.