Overview of Strategic Choices
Our Winning Proposition
Developing tomorrow's leaders through extraordinary experiences where all girls can take action and celebrate their uniqueness.
- Training/Development -- Create a volunteer development system that provides an efficient, meaningful, valuable experience for new and existing volunteers.
- Recruitment -- Increase volunteer membership by creating awareness of volunteer opportunities to our internal and external audiences that leverages a volunteer-led organization.
- Recognition -- Increase volunteer retention by creating a volunteer recognition system that begins upon entry as a Girl Scout volunteer.
- Other/Communication -- Create a PR and communication campaign that encourages parents to customize their daughter's Girl Scout experience by modernizing current technology.
- Pathways -- Increase and diversify GSSWT's participation in ALL pathways to engage in philanthropic activities.
- Increase and diversify funding by utilizing stakeholders within our 21-county service area.
- GSSWT will create an infrastructure utilizing technology to track incoming funds, uses and outcomes.
3. Technology -- Data/Outcomes
- Utilize all facets of technology in order to better train all council members, and to support infrastructure and applications.
- Capture and maintain data in the Council Enterprise System and ensure it is readily accessible in a secure, centralized location.
- Implement state of the art technology system for archiving outcome responses which can be measured accurately.
- Utilize technology to streamline business processes, so that information is in real time and easily accessible.
- Leverage available technologies to capture necessary data, including intangible impact of Girl Scouts.
- To continue to educate and promote the Girl Scout Cookie Program as the premier financial literacy and entrepreneurial program for girls in the country.
- Embrace the new guidelines for achieving Girl Scouts' highest awards and build a volunteer and staff structure to support them.
- Develop a web presence that interests girls and young women, as well as build a network of teen Girl Scouts who are advocates for the GSSWT brand online.
Our Leadership Message
Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas is committed to serving girls by mobilizing community stakeholders to provide relevant leadership experiences where all girls can take action and celebrate their uniqueness through flexible Girl Scout Pathways, with a special focus on empowering girls in grades 5, 6 and 7.
Our Purpose: The Girl