We all know what it is. Why is it so hard to achieve? Maybe it needs a brand -- new equation -- your equation. On this journey, doing the math + some very sage ways = real hope for inspiring justice-for all of Earth and all her inhabitants.
- Justice -- for Earth and all its inhabitants -- we all know what it is. Why is it so hard to achieve?
- Girl Scout Ambassadors realize that maybe justice needs a brand-new equation -- their equation.
- By "Doing the Math" with even the simplest of acts, deciphering how decisions get made, and exploring how to use scientific evidence, Girl Scout Ambassadors will create and then present their own unique equation for what justice asks of us.
- Along the way, they will find they are also networking and gathering new ideas for college and careers.
- Girl Scout Ambassadors can also take some time out to Nest and Soar as they ponder new inspirations from birds around the world.
- When they add the Sage Award to their list of accomplishments, Girl Scout Ambassadors will be confident that they are they are the wise and healing leaders Earth yearns for!
On this journey to JUSTICE, Girl Scout Ambassadors have the opportunity to earn the prestigious Sage Award by participating in activities in the six steps to understanding environmental justice. The Sage Award takes its name from the word meaning wise person (from the Latin root sapere, to be wise) and the medicinal herb (from the Latin root salvare, to heal or to save). The award represents both the commitment and ability to be judicious, and it reminds us of the importance of healing.
While earning the Sage Award, girls explore justice (and injustice) from many angles including science, decision making and even doing a little math! Ultimately Girl Scout Ambassadors create and present their own unique definitions for Justice!