There is nothing quite like building or fixing something yourself. Learn how to use a hammer, wrench, screwdriver and other tools during fun activities! Build, saw and nail your way to constructing creations of your very own. Imagine, design and create your ideas into real life inventions. So grab your tool belt and get ready to be under construction with your new DIY skills, HandyGal!
- Open to all girls in grades K-8
- Cost is $95/girl if registered by June 2; $120/girl if registration received June 3 or later (includes T-shirt, patch, program, supplies, breakfast, lunch and snack); NOTE: 20% discount for Edgewood ISD students
- Scholarships available; completed application with registration form due Thursday, May 1 for consideration (multiple scholarships can be awarded based on need and availability of funds)
- Minimum 25/maximum 200 girls per session
- Camp runs daily Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. with before care beginning at 7 a.m., and after care until 6 p.m. available at an additional cost of $25/girl per week
- Camp will take place at the West Side Girl Scout Leadership Center with transportation available from the Sally Cheever Girl Scout Leadership Center; NOTE: Girls living in Edgewood ISD may be eligible for free transportation to and from camp daily—contact Laura Bustos (210-319-5775 ext. 408) for details
- Where the Wild Things Are Wednesday—campers will be transported to Camp Mira Sol (Girl Scout camp located in Waring) each Wednesday to experience the great outdoors
- Each week concludes with a camper showcase for parents on Friday from 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Get the camp registration packet here.