In 2012 Girl Scouting celebrates its 100th Anniversary. The advent of this milestone provides a unique opportunity to not only reflect on the tremendous contributions the organization has made over the past 100 years but to also rally support for the next century of Girl Scouts.
Plans on how to celebrate this momentous occasion are already underway, and volunteers are needed to serve on one of many 100th Anniversary committees:
- Brand -- The 100th Anniversary Brand committee will work to advance the organization's iconic brand in all facets of the centennial celebration.
- Funding -- Girl Scouts across the nation will coordinate a funding campaign in recognition of the 100th Anniversary. The Funding committee will work to garner much needed funding for future generations of Girl Scouts.
- History -- A 100th Anniversary History committee will be responsible for sharing the story of Girl Scouts throughout the region that celebrate the traditions of the Girl Scout movement.
- Alumnae -- In its 100 year history, more than 50 million women have been Girl Scouts. The 100th Anniversary Alumnae committee will work to engage alumnae and connect them to today's movement.
- Fiesta -- Fiesta in San Antonio is the perfect opportunity to tell the community about Girl Scouting! The 100th Anniversary Fiesta committee will coordinate involvement during Fiesta 2012.
- Council-wide Event -- The 100th Anniversary will be celebrated with a council-wide event for Girl Scouts and their families.
- Camporee -- Camping is a long-standing tradition in Girl Scouts, and will be celebrated with a special 100th Anniversary event at one of the council's camp properties.
- Forever Green -- Girl Scouts across the country will participate in a signature Take Action project, making a significant impact on the environment. The project led by Girl Scouts will be at the forefront of environmental sustainability, leading schools and communities in using resources wisely.
Interested in a volunteering on one of the committees? Complete the interest form here!