The Event Pathway offers a variety of scheduled activities that are open to all girls by grade level. Girls can choose to participate in as many events as they like, exploring their skills and interests along the way in a variety of thematic areas such as community service, cultural arts, overnighters, healthy living, math and science, aquatics, Go Green, leadership development, and much more. Girls get the necessary guidance from adult volunteers and council staff to develop their skills and understand how those skills can be used to make a difference in the world.
Event activities are thematic in nature and developed to support the council's program initiatives in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), healthy living, financial literacy, environmental awareness, as well as Girl Scout signature programs such as leadership journeys, and Uniquely Me!
All event programs are based on the following standards:
- Be mission-driven to develop girls of courage, character, and confidence
- Align to the New Girl Scout Leadership Experience
- Adhere to all local and national safety standards
- Be relevant and accessible to all populations
- Provide opportunities for continuous involvement
- Are developed and facilitated by volunteers in partnership with council professional staff
- Provide consistent learning opportunities for both girls and adults