Your Summer Camp Guide:
From Camp Metro at the West Side Girl Scout Leadership Center to Resident Camp at La Jita -- there's sure to be a fantastic campertunity for all girls!
Summer of 2015 promises an abundance of choices and experiences to match every girl’s wishes and interests. We’re confident the young lady in your life will find something fun she can’t wait to do this summer at our camps!
Camp is a place where a girl can make new friends, explore the world around her and discover something she can’t wait to do again. It’s a place where transformation happens. In an environment created just for her, a girl learns real life skills, develops self-esteem while gaining a sense of independence and community. While playing outdoors, girls encounter more opportunities for decision making that lets them work together to problem solve and think creatively. Camp gives girls the chance to let their curiosity run free and sparks their imagination!
Whether she attends camp daily or spends the whole week away from home, Girl Scout camp helps a girl discover her potential, dreams, aspirations and builds a skill set she can use for success today and in her future. Campers will discover, connect and even take action on issues and challenges important to them.
Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas offers a variety of flexible options to get her there:
Camp Metro @ WSGSLC -- These sessions will be offered at the West Side Girl Scout Leadership Center (in San Antonio) and offer girls the opportunity to get hands-on experience and explore skills in a variety of thematic areas, including community service, cultural arts, healthy living, environmental awareness and so much more.
- Open to all girls in grades K-8 -- no Girl Scout experience needed! Just pay an annual $15 membership fee in addition to the camp fee!
- Cost is $95/girl if registered by June 2; $120/girl if registration received June 3 or later -- Edgewood ISD students eligible for additional 20% discount (scholarships available; completed application with registration form due Thurs., May 1 for consideration)
- Breakfast, lunch and snack served daily
- Drop off and pick up available from the Sally Cheever Girl Scout Leadership Center
- Camp runs daily Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. with before care beginning at 7 a.m., and after care until 6 p.m. available at an additional cost of $25/girl per week
Resident Camp at La Jita -- Resident camp sessions will take place at Camp La Jita, a beautiful 236-acre camp situated on the Sabinal River near Utopia. Girls can attend one- and two-week sessions living in rustic cabins. They develop independence while under the supervision of specially trained camp staff who help girls plan activities to create a unique camp experience.
- A variety of session open to all girls in grades 2-12 -- no Girl Scout experience needed! Just pay an annual $15 membership fee in addition to the camp fee!
- Fees vary (scholarships available; completed application and registration form due Fri., April 11 for consideration)
- Three meals served daily in community dining hall
- Activities range from riding horses, swimming, hiking, archery, canoeing, arts and crafts, cookouts, nature activities, singing, hikes, games and more