Camp Metro @ WSGSLC
Camp Metro day camps will be held at the West Side Girl Scout Leadership Center, which provides a fun and exciting place for girls to enjoy their summer. This nearly 40,000 sq. ft. building offers a gymnasium, outside play equipment, STEM lab and art studio as well as a stage for girls to perform.
At Camp Metro, girls explore skills and interests in a variety of thematic areas such as community service, cultural arts, healthy living, environmental awareness and much more. Girls get the necessary guidance from adult volunteers and camp staff to develop their skills and understand how those skills can be used to make a difference in the world.
- Open to all girls in grades K-8
- Cost is $95/girl if registered by June 2; $120/girl if registration received June 3 or later and includes T-shirt, patch, program, supplies, breakfast, lunch and snack; NOTE: 20% discount for Edgewood ISD students
- Scholarships available; completed application with registration form due Thursday, May 1 for consideration (multiple scholarships can be awarded based on need and availability of funds)
- Minimum 25/maximum 200 girls per session
- Camp runs daily Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. with before care beginning at 7 a.m., and after care until 6 p.m. available at an additional cost of $25/girl per week
- Where the Wild Things Are Wednesday—campers will be transported to Camp Mira Sol (Girl Scout camp located in Waring) each Wednesday to experience the great outdoors
- Each week concludes with a camper showcase for parents on Friday from 2:30-3:30 p.m.
2014 Camp Metro Sessions
- Game On! -- June 9-13
- Once upon a time, in the land of art -- June 16-20
- Sweet Eats & Treats -- June 23-27
- Wacky Wonder Lab -- July 7-11
- Curtain Call -- July 14-18
- HandyGals & Hammers -- July 21-25
- Good Green Fun -- July 28-August 1
- The Amazing Girl Scout Race -- August 4-8
Click on any title above to learn more about that session (also includes links to scholarship form and registration form).