Daycation @ Camp Mira Sol
Located 45 miles northwest of San Antonio, Camp Mira Sol is nestled in the Texas Hill Country in the town of Waring, on a plateau overlooking the Guadalupe River. With a past rich in Native American history, Mira Sol is a Spanish exclamation meaning “See the Sun.” It is the perfect place for beginner and experienced campers alike to enjoy the outdoors.
Camp Mira Sol combines the convenience and flexibility of a themed day camp with the fun of traditional Girl Scout camp. Campers can choose one or all of the eight unique camp sessions, with each week offering different activities and the chance to make new friends. Camp combines archery, crafts and swimming with various activities relating to the week’s theme. Each session runs Monday through Friday, with campers being transported daily—at no additional charge—from the Sally Cheever Girl Scout Leadership Center (in San Antonio). Transportation will be provided by a professional bus company with trained drivers. Attending daycation at Camp Mira Sol is a great option for campers who aren’t quite ready to spend the night away from home or those who just want to get away for the day. Extended hours accommodate working parents and guardians.
- Open to all girls in grades K-12
- Girl Scout experience not needed! Just pay an annual $15 membership fee in addition to the camp fee!
- Cost is $150/girl (scholarships available; completed application with registration form due Fri., April 11 for consideration)
- Limit 125 girls per session
- Morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack served daily
- Transportation to and from camp, at no additional cost, from the Sally Cheever Girl Scout Leadership Center (811 N. Coker Loop, San Antonio, 78216)
- Camp runs daily Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. with before care beginning at 7 a.m. and after care until 6 p.m. available at an additional $25/girl per week (Note: campers are welcome to be dropped off and picked up directly at Camp Mira Sol but, due to staffing, drop off is from 8:30- 9 a.m. and pick up is from 4-4:30 p.m.)
2014 Daycation Sessions
- Musicpalooza -- June 9-13
- Animal Tales -- June 16-20 Apologies, this session is closed!
- Techno Gals -- June 23-27 Apologies, this session is closed!
- Celebrate the Seasons -- June 30-July 4
- Girl Scout Gourmet -- July 14-18
- Destination Imagi-NATION -- July 21-25
- Weird Science -- July 28-August 1
- Splash Zone -- August 4-8
Click on any title above to learn more about that session (also includes links to scholarship form and registration form).