Travel Pathway programs offer girls, regardless of previous Girl Scouting involvement, leadership and cross-cultural opportunities through regional, national, and international travel.
Girls can participate through council-sponsored trips or nationally- and international-sponsored trips call destinations. Girls will meet with other girls and adults, participate in a girl centric planning component, travel to a destination and take part in a service learning Take Action project. They can also participate in money-earning activities.
From participation in Travel pathway programs, girls will also gain appropriate travel progression or experiences to prepare them for future international travel opportunities!
The Travel Pathway
- Is available to any girl regardless of previous Girl Scouting involvement or economic resources
- Offers troop/group, council, and GSUSA-initiated program(s)
- Incorporates the Girl Scout Leadership Experience processes: girl-led, learning by doing and cooperative learning
- Presents girls with opportunities to prepare, plan, money-earn, and participate in travel opportunities
- Engages and supports both existing and new volunteers