Ways to Recognize
Most adults who volunteer to help the troop do so for personal reasons and do not expect a special thank you, but it's always nice to know that you were appreciated. The ideas below are simple and inexpensive. They're just quick ways to say thanks!
- Present a bag (or jar) of peanuts decorated with curly ribbon. Attach a note that all the girls have signed saying "We're nuts about you!"
- Present a jar of jam decorated with curly ribbon. The message from girls can read "Thanks for helping us out of a jam!" or "Such a sweet thing to do!"
- Present a wooden (or plastic) spinning top with the message attached "You're tops with us!"
- Purchase an extra box of Girl Scout cookies. Decorate as desired and attach a message "Top Cookie of Troop 1234" or "To a real sweet cookie!"
- Make a crown from construction paper or fun foam. Let girls decorate as desired. Write the message "Queen (or King) of our Hearts!" Have each person who helped the troop throughout the year wear one during the ceremony (or award) event.
- Purchase a can of band-aids. Decorate with curly ribbon and attach a message signed by all the girls "Thanks for the first aid!" or "Thanks for sticking to us!"
- Certificates are always a nice thanks, too! Use these templates to create your own recognition certificates or create your own!