GIRL SCOUT HONOR: If you have completed all 4 activities, you have earned your Shining Star ENERGY Entrepreneurship patch! Take this survey and get your patch.
Her First Business Card
- Construction Paper
- Coloring Tools (pens, pencils, markers)
▶ Think about:
What is the purpose of a business card? What goes on a business card? What is a business?
Create your own business card!
- Everyone has things they enjoy! Draw what your interests, hobbies and passions look like.
- Using examples of business cards, ask yourself what they tell you about the different business owners. What are their interests, hobbies, and passions?
- On another sheet of paper, design your own business card. Bring your dreams to life - they can be as colorful and unique as you want!
- Create your own logo for your name, the business you created, or for your future career.
A Woman's Leadership Role
- Construction paper
- Coloring tools (pens, pencils, markers)
- Yarn or string
- Single hole punch
▶ Think about:
What is a leader? What does it mean to have confidence?
Make a name tag necklace!
- Trace the outline of your hand on a piece of construction paper.
- Cut out the shape of your hand.
- Write your name on the palm so you can read it when the fingers are pointing towards you.
- On each finger, write or draw one thing about yourself - maybe something others may not know!
- Turn your hand over to the blank side and on each finger, write or draw one leadership quality about yourself.
- Punch a hole in the bottom of the palm of the hand, thread yarn through the hole and tie the loose ends together to make a name tag necklace!
- Use your name tag to practice introducing yourself.
I Am Unique, I Am Different
- Sheets of paper
- Coloring utensils
▶ Let's think about...
What does being different mean? What makes me different and unique? How are you a leader?
We're going to write down what makes us different from others and celebrate it!
Answer the following questions:
a. My name is _______________.
b. My birthday is _______________.
c. These are a few of my favorite things _______________. (choose categories; i.e. colors, food, hobbies, songs, stories)
Create a design of your name and all your favorite things rolled into one! Think about: “what things about yourself can you change?” For example, girls may say “clothing” or “attitude.”