Updated August 4, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.
Troops and communities are welcome to meet and plan in-person events with no limit on group size.
COVID-19 Protocols training for volunteers and advance permission granted from the council is no longer necessary for troop meetings or low-risk day trips within GSSWT’s service area. However, GSSWT expects volunteers and caregivers to follow the guidelines regarding face coverings and other common preventive measures outlined below:
Face coverings are required when:
- You are indoors with girls or adults (regardless of vaccination status).
- You are in a vehicle with girls or adults who are not of the same household (regardless of vaccination status).
Face coverings are optional when:
- You are outdoors (regardless of vaccination status).
Other Preventive Measures:
- Health screenings are no longer required for girls and adults. We expect individuals who feel ill or demonstrate any of the common symptoms of COVID-19 to stay home.
- Troops and communities are expected to encourage good hand hygiene. Plan for hand washing before and after activities and have hand sanitizer readily available for all participants.
- Minimize the use of shared materials such as markers, crayons and scissors. Use troop or community funds to provide each girl with her own supplies. Shared items should be sanitized after each use.
- When eating snacks or meals, troops and communities should serve food in pre-packaged individual servings or designate one individual to plate each participant’s meal.
Pre-pandemic Approvals Now Required:
GSSWT is resuming pre-pandemic approvals required for the following activities:
- High-risk activities
- Day trips outside GSSWT’s service area
- Overnight trips of 1 to 2 nights
- Extended travel trips of 3 or more nights
- International travel
To request approval for one of the above activities, submit a complete Activity and Trip Form.
Troop or community funds should be used to purchase additional first aid or cleaning supplies to prevent the spread of COVID-19 including disposable face coverings and gloves, hand sanitizer, tissues, trash bags and disinfectant.
Permission Slips Required:
All girls attending troop meetings must have a caregiver complete the Troop or Group Permission to Participate Form.
- This form is required at the beginning of each membership year or if the location of your regularly scheduled troop meeting changes mid-year.
Permission from caregivers for girls to attend any other troop or community activity (ex: field trip, council-sponsored event, overnight activity or trip, etc.) is required by completing the Activity or Trip Permission to Participate Form for each activity. This form replaces the Troop Permission Slip form.